Sunday, January 18, 2009

Voting

A good day dressed up in a beautiful crisp Fall morning!  Standing in the voting line, I had lovely butterflies in my stomach as I contemplated just how wonderful a process this all is; how central such a seemingly simple thing is to the progress of humanity. The occurrence of free election can release the progressive mind to a sense of faith in humankind and the future.  As I stood there, my heart was full of the wisdom it all represented.

Then I remembered that all these other people in line were going to get to vote as well and that caused me to contemplate the results of elections past and the state of government in the present…it ruined the whole thing. Once inside, low and behold someone is trying to amend the Arkansas constitution to let idiots and the insane vote!? Jesus! I thought to myself, you mean they are not already?!